Activities & AttractionsEducation and TrainingMuseumsRainy Day ActivitiesRainy Day ActivitiesTours
The mission of the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History is to inspire appreciation, understanding and stewardship of our natural environment through discovery and learning.
The Cape Cod Museum of Natural History in Brewster, Massachusetts, on Cape Cod, was founded in 1954. Our mission is to encourage and advance understanding of our natural environment through discovery and learning. The museum is housed in a 17,000 square foot building on its own 80-acre site and abutted by 320 acres of town- and Conservation-owned land.
The Cape Cod Museum of Natural History is wonderful Cape Cod family activity destination. There are countless fun kids activities at the museum including bird watching, exploring the aquarium and learning more about marine science, and several interactive STEM education opportunities in the John Hay room. Exploring the 400-plus acres of museum-owned land and museum trails surrounding the museum makes for a great family activity, and offers more bird watching and hands on learning about marine science and the fascinating Cape Cod ecosystem.
KidSummer is a popular summer camp day program offered at the Museum for children aged 3-15, instilling a sense of wonder and discovery to last a lifetime. The KidSummer Cape Cod summer camp program exposes children to marine science, ecotourism, bird watching, and STEM curriculum.
The Cape Cod Museum of Natural History offers STEM and STEAM education opportunities, experiences, and STEM curriculum.
- ?The Cape Cod Museum of Natural History in Brewster presents the Inflatable 44’ Humpback Whale Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 10:45am–1:45pm.
- Wednesday Feb 21, 2024
- The Inflatable Walk-Through Gray Whale at CCMNH during Feb School Vacation!
- Thursday Feb 22, 2024
- Nature Screen at CCMNH presents PBS’ DUCKumentary Friday, February 23, 2024, at 11:30am. Narrated by award-winning actor Paul Giamatti.
- Friday Feb 23, 2024
- As part of the Gardening for Life Speaker Series, the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History presents Rainbows on the Wing: Creating Landscapes for Dragonflies
- Sunday Mar 3, 2024
- The Cape Cod Museum of Natural History presents Osprey-Egg Incubation, Chick Rearing and Wild Fostering with Stephanie Ellis, Executive Director of Wild Care, S
- Saturday Mar 9, 2024
- As part of the Gardening for Life Speaker Series, the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History presents A Cape Cod Rain Garden ~ It’s a Garden with a Purpose, present
- Sunday Mar 17, 2024