Nauset Sea Scout Ship & Explorer Club 72
- Organizations and Non-Profits
- Water Sports
Nauset Sea Scout Ship and Explorer Club 72 provide on the water experiences and other outdoor adventure and skill development for high school (Sea Scouts) and middle school (Explorer Club) students. As entities of Boy Scouts of America we are administered by the Cape and Islands Scouting Council. The Nauset Rotary Club is our business sponsor.
The organization currently owns a fleet of 5 vessels; a 23' O'day sailboat, 18' Hereshoff Catboat, 17' Aquasport motorboat and two historic 19th century surf rescue pulling boats (plus two small dingies to access these vessels). Through the use of these vessels during the boating season we provide practical on the water experiences where students learn sailing and other safe boating skills. We snorkel, picnic on remote islands, camp, and plan exciting field trips. During the winter months, we tour maritime facilities, develop boating skills from expert teachers, and attend special events.
- sailing and other boating adventures on local waters
- Maritime skills training, such as knots, navigation, safety, maintenance
- administered by Boy Scouts of America
- Exposure to maritime careers, marine resources and science, outdoor skills
- Camaraderie among peers
Whom to Contact
- Sue HaleyNauset Explorer Club 72 Adult AdvisorPhone: (508) 255-8554
Meeting locations vary. The clubhouse or ''ship'' is reached by following Beach Rd from downtown Orleans towards Nauset Beach. Veer left at Barley Neck Inn, and proceed approximately 1/2 mile to #46.